Property owners, lenders, prospective buyers or business owners can obtain written confirmation of the zoning of a property. The letter will provide a general description of the zoning district, references to any applicable zoning and overlay standards, and if found, the zoning history related to the current zoning entitlements.
The following items are required to process a Zoning Verification Letter:
- Written request of subject parcel needing zoning verification. Please include delivery instructions for the response to be delivered.
- Address of property and Gwinnett County Tax Parcel Number (RPIN).
- Boundary Survey with subject parcel clearly identified.
- Legal description (optional).
- Check for $100.00 made payable to the City of Snellville (for each parcel subject to request).
Requests will not be processed until items 1-3 and 5 (above) have been received. Although most requests are fulfilled within one week, please allow 10 business days to complete the request. The response will be mailed via First Class U.S. Mail, unless a prepaid overnight envelope is provided.
Mail Request and Fee to:
City of Snellville Planning Department
ATTN: Request for Zoning Verification
2342 Oak Road, 2nd Floor
Snellville, Georgia 30078
- The Zoning Verification Letter does not verify compliance with development or zoning regulations, building code standards, or any regulatory requirements from any Federal, State or County agency. The Zoning Verification Letter does not certify legal conforming or non-conforming status.
- Requests for copies of open or closed zoning/code 'Notice of Violations' will not be included. To obtain this information, please complete an Open Records Request form and fax to 770-985-3525. Please contact the Quality of Life Unit of the Planning Department at 770-985-3519 for questions concerning open cases.
- Copy requests for Certificate of Completion, Certificate of Occupancy, building plans, site plans, approved variances, zoning conditions, or other records and documents shall be requested by completing an Open Records Request form and faxing to 770-985-3525.
Should you require further assistance, please contact the City of Snellville Planning Department at 770-985-3515.