The following rules have been instituted until further notice:
- If you have a “Hands Free” citation, and it is the first one you have been issued, you can go see the Court Clerks at City Hall prior to your Court date and you can provide a proof of purchase (receipt) for a hands-free device dated after the date of the citation and your ticket will be Dismissed. Please remember this is only for your first violation.
- If you have an “Expired Tag” citation, and you have since renewed your tag, you may bring your tag receipt to the clerk’s office prior to court and your fine will be reduced.
City Hall at Snellville City Center
2342 Oak Road, 1st Floor
Snellville, GA 30078
The Snellville Municipal Court is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The court conducts sessions on Wednesday of each week. Individuals who are issued citations for the morning session should report to the Municipal Court no later than 8:30 a.m. and no later than 1:30 p.m. if their designated court time is in the afternoon.
*If you fail to appear for court, or if your payment does not reach the court clerk's office before the court date, you can no longer pay over the phone. If your payment is not received your driver's license may be suspended and/or a warrant may be issued for your arrest.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover payments online. We do not accept Apple Pay.
Online payments must be made no later than midnight on the day prior to your court appearance. Otherwise, you are required to pay in person at the Municipal Court by noon on your court date or appear in court. Municipal Court is located at 2342 Oak Road, Snellville, Georgia.
COURTROOM DRESS AND CONDUCT CODE
It appears to the Court that a courtroom dress and conduct code should be implemented
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that all persons entering the City of Snellville Courtroom as spectators or defendants or/and attorneys, shall be properly dressed and shall conduct themselves in the following manner:
- Clothing should be clean, neat, and appropriate in court. Wearing skin-tight clothing, hats, bonnets, scarfs or any other head gear inside court unless required by religious belief and/or need due to medical conditions is not allowed.
- Wearing tube tops, halter tops, shirts that show cleavage or reveal the abdomen is unacceptable. Also, clothing with visual or written messages referring to illicit drugs, alcohol, weapons, or violence is prohibited. Vulgar, obscene language and images, gang affiliations (signs/symbols), in addition to insults to another race, religion, gender, or ethnicity will not be tolerated.
- Skirts and shorts must be no shorter than two inches above the knee. Skirts and pants must be worn at the natural waist. No underwear is to be seen.
- No loud or offensive odors will be tolerated. This includes odors which indicate drug use.
- Wearing cutoff clothing, swim wear, bedroom shoes or slippers is not allowed. Clothing that is sheer, see-through or revealing is not acceptable. Also, shoes must be worn at all times unless medical documentation is provided.
CELL PHONES: Cell phones and any other electronic devices must be turned off, on silent or vibrate prior to entering the courtroom. Any violation of this policy may result in the confiscation of such device.
OTHER: No food, drink, backpacks or large bags are allowed in the courtroom.
Any person not meeting these requirements may be brought before the court.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that this Order shall be posted on the notice board of City Hall, on the city website and on the door of the court room.
IT IS SO ORDERED, this 16th day of February, 2023.
Honorable Judge Jammie Taire
Chief Judge for City of Snellville Municipal Court