Skip to main content


Snellville Court Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a dress code for court?

Appropriate dress is required for your admission into the courtroom. Hats and head coverings (except for religious or medical reasons), shorts and visible underwear are not permitted.

What items are prohibited in the courtroom?

Backpacks, food, drink, cameras, recording devices, umbrellas and all electronic devices including: phones, iPads, Kindles, tablets and laptop computers, are prohibited.

May I bring my child?

In order for the court to operate in an orderly and efficient manner, distractions must be kept to a minimum. If there are unforeseen circumstances that require your child to accompany you to court, or your child is a witness to a trial, please notify the court in advance.

Where is court parking located?

Parking is located behind the City Center. You can enter through the driveways on Oak Road or Wisteria Drive.

What time does court begin?

Arraignments, Solicitor Trials and Pleas all begin at 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Video Jail Court begins at 1:00 p.m. If you are scheduled for a Trial, please check the paperwork you were given when you requested a trial.

If I have to be at work, will my case be heard first?

Many individuals who must appear in court have work or school commitments. All cases are heard in the order which allows the court to be most efficient. We will be happy to provide you a document demonstrating you were in court which you may then take to your employer or school.

How can I pay my fine?

Court fines may be paid by VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, money order or cash at the Clerk's Office in the City Center Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Fines may also be paid by money order via mail. In addition, fines may be paid online using any major credit card. There is a fee for using a credit card to pay for a fine at the Clerk's Office, the online payment system and our phone service. To pay online go to or call (770) 985-3550.

I missed my court date and a Warrant or Failure to Appear was issued. What should I do?

If you missed a court date, contact the Clerk's Office at (770) 985-3549 to find out how to resolve your Failure to Appear.

Can I reschedule my case?

You may reschedule your case one time. You must come to the Clerk's Office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to reschedule your case. Our office is located in the City Center, 2342 Oak Road, Snellville, GA  30078.