A balanced budget of $14.69 million was approved Monday. The millage rate – which is expected to remain unchanged - will be set by Mayor and Council next month.
Increases in this year’s budget include:
- $385,000 in Community Development Block Grant expenditures and revenue remains in this budget from last year which will fund the city’s Greenway Trail connection to Briscoe Park.
- A new police dispatch shortfall of $168,726 will be covered due to a change in the service agreement with Gwinnett County.
- Gas, utilities and supply costs are up across the board due to inflation.
- The Parks and Recreation Department is now back to pre-COVID activity levels, increasing programming costs.
- Changes to police salaries were budgeted to increase job retention and hiring competitiveness.
The city is once again showing its commitment to improving roads and infrastructure, budgeting $1.15 million for road resurfacing and $1.28 million for stormwater improvements.